St. Joseph's Academy Profile
Pre-K - Grade 8
St. Joseph's Academy, founded in 1938, is a school of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orlando, located in downtown Lakeland in a serene historic district.
St. Joseph's Academy is accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference and is sanctioned by the Florida Department of Education.
This 74-year-old tradition continues to provide:
- High Academic Standards in a Catholic Environment
- 21st Century Teaching and Technology
- Innovative, Research-Based Curriculum
- Engaged and Individualized Learning
- Certified Teachers/ Fully Accredited
- Performing Arts, Music, Sports, Clubs
- Voluntary Pre-K Program
Our unique school environment allows us to tailor the education we provide to meet the needs of each child. Student/teacher ratio and the commitment of our teachers allow us to focus on faith, knowledge, and values to ensure academic success, positive behavior, and character development
St. Joseph’s Academy provides quality education that is research-based, integrating best practices of teaching and learning. Our innovative curriculum and technology meets the current national standards.
St. Joseph's Academy has a co-educational student enrollment of approximately 243 students, both Catholic and non Catholic. We offer:
- Full Time and Part Time Preschool
- Full Day Kindergarten
- Self-contained classes Pre- K - Grade 5
- Departmentalized classes Grade 6 - Grade 8
- Spanish, art, music and computer classes for all grades
- Video Production for Grade 6 - Grade 8
Standardized Achievement Test Scores consistently show our students performing above the national average.